AMITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
"My educational pursuits have always been focused on children, starting with an undergraduate degree in special education and a Master's Degree in music therapy. My skills have expanded as I discovered a passion for nonprofit management and working with those which conquer the tough topics of mental health and sexual abuse."
• Occupation: Director of Operations at the nonprofit SOSA (Safe from Online Sex Abuse)
• BS from New York University in Special Education
• MA from New York University in Music Therapy NYS Special Education K-12 permanent teacher certification
• Former board member, President, and program coordinator at NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness) Westchester
• Former preschool special educator and music teacher
• Clubs/Organizations: Race Brook PTA and Talent Show organizer
Jennifer served as the President of the NAMI (The National Alliance on Mental Illness) Westchester board for 2 years and board member for 4. She was instrumental in establishing their local affiliate as a chartered NAMI organization. Her diplomatic working style helps build teams who achieve important goals. As a strong believer in public schools, she has witnessed firsthand the possibilities of strong early education, by attending one of the highest rated public high schools in the country.
Jennifer has lived in Orange for 2 years with her wife, Kristen Blando, who was born and raised in Milford. Their son, Cayden, attends Race Brook Elementary School and is a proud raccoon who has flourished since moving to Orange. She hopes to bring her knowledge of special education and student’s holistic health needs to the Amity Board of Ed. She is committed to the Amity administration and teachers to help prepare Amity students for college and their successful futures.